Enjoy an indulgent supper, with a touch of Super “je ne sais quoi!” This peppery steak with sumptuous side is perfect for a romantic meal for two.
- 2 tablespoon Super Season Superfood Sprinkles
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- For a good side try a garlic mushroom and spinach salad:
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a chargrill pan to medium-high.
- Put the Super Season Superfood Sprinkles on a tray or a plate. Lightly brush each side of the steaks with egg white and press into the Super Season mixture to coat. Set aside.
For the salad
- Mix the mushrooms with the garlic. Place in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, then season with to taste with Super Season Superfood Sprinkles. Pan fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly charred. Set aside to cool.
- Pan fry or chargrill the steaks for 6-8 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare. Rest loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss mushrooms, spring onion and spinach together. Whisk together Dijon, balsamic and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, season, then toss with the salad.
- Divide the steaks and mushroom salad among 4 plates and serve.