Layer up creamy avocado with protein rich chicken. For a quesadilla with a kick of Super Spice Superfood sprinkles.
For the chicken:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell peppers diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp Super Spice Superfood Sprinkles
For the quesadillas:
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, seeded, and cut
- 4 tbsp low-fat sour-cream
- 60g low-fat mozzarella
- Grated cheddar cheese
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Heat a large frying pan to high heat. Season the chicken breasts with a little Super Season Superfood Sprinkles.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the diced onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and Super Spice Superfood Sprinkles. Cook for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Dice the cooked chicken and return to the pan. Stir until the mixture is fully combined.
- To assemble add 1 teaspoon oil to a hot pan. Spread 1 teaspoon sour-cream over one side of each tortilla, top with cheese, avocado, chicken mixture and squeeze of lime. Fold the tortillas over to cover the fillings and form a half-moon shape and lay two tortillas in the heated pan. Cook until the tortillas are crisp and golden and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat to make 2 more quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges. Serve with lime wedges, sour-cream, salsa or homemade guacamole, enjoy!